Who we are
The Australasian Society for Trenchless Technology (ASTT) is the peak body for trenchless technology in Australasia, providing advocacy, leadership, support and educational opportunities for organisations and individuals involved in trenchless technology.
Established in 1991 following a seminar by a technical sub-committee of the Water Resources Council, the Society was established as a stand-alone, independent body, affiliated with the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT).
The objectives of ASTT are to:
• Advance the science and practice of trenchless technology for the public benefit
• Provide a forum in Australia and New Zealand for interchange of multi disciplinary knowledge and skills in the field of trenchless technology
• Arrange or sponsor meetings, conferences and symposia on subjects consistent with the objectives of the Society
• Encourage the interchange of specialists in trenchless technology within Australia and New Zealand
• Liaise and establish affiliations with related organisations, both within Australia, New Zealand and overseas
• Inform and advise the public and Government on matters concerned with trenchless technology
• Encourage education, training and research
Contacts of the ASTT.
Each State is represented by a Councillor who is the key contact for enquiries relating to the activities that the ASTT is involved in. This Council is the governing body of the Society and manages the affairs of ASTT. Council consists of not more than one (1) representative from each State and or Country plus the President, Vice President and Past President. Council also appoints a Federal Secretary and a Federal Treasurer as well as a representative to the Board of the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT).
The current ASTT Council structure is as follows:
FEDERAL SECRETARY / TREASURER
Mr. JEFF PACE
18 Frinton Place
Greenwood, W.A. 6024
Phone/Fax (08) 9343 5420
VICTORIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE and PRESIDENT
Mr. CHRIS FRANGOS
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Mr. STEVEN APELDOORN
PO Box 33 – 202
PH + 64 (9) 963 2700
FAX + 64 (9) 356 9729
WEST AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE and ASTT REPRESENTATIVE TO ISTT BOARD
Mr. TREVOR GOSATTI
11 Muscat Terrace
The Vines, WA, 6069
Mob: 0419 918 449
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Mr ADAM RUSSO
Senior Asset Planner, Wastewater
SA Water Corporation
PH: 08 7424 1856
Mob: 0400 226 228
NEW ZEALAND COUNCIL RERESENTATIVE
PH + 64 27 251 1843
INTERIM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Mr. JUSTIN SHEPHERD
McConnell Dowell Constructors (Aust) Pty Ltd
Level 3, 109 Burwood Road
HAWTHORN, VIC, 3122
Mob 0458 025 796
NORTHERN TERRITORY COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
TASMANIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Become a member today!
- Trenchless Australasia Magazine – 4 issues per year.
- Trenchless Directory – 1 issues per year.
- ASTT Annual Trenchless Directory acknowledgement.
- Discount rates at National Conferences and Exhibition.
- Discount rates at Trenchless Forums.
- Discount rates at ISTT International NO-DIG’s.
- Discounted rates for advertising in the ASTT’s Trenchless Australasia Magazine.