Who we are
The Australasian Society for Trenchless Technology (ASTT) is the peak body for trenchless technology in Australasia, providing advocacy, leadership, support and educational opportunities for organisations and individuals involved in trenchless technology.
Established in 1991 following a seminar by a technical sub-committee of the Water Resources Council, the Society was established as a stand-alone, independent body, affiliated with the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT).
The Australasian Society for Trenchless Technology (ASTT) is Affiliated with the International Society for Trenchless technology (ISTT). The ISTT currently has 26 Affiliated Societies.
As a member of the ASTT, you will have exclusive access to their website where amongst other things, you will have access to hundreds of past papers from trenchless conferences.
To access the ISTT, go to https://www.istt.com/index/
The objectives of ASTT are to:
• Advance the science and practice of trenchless technology for the public benefit
• Provide a forum in Australia and New Zealand for interchange of multi disciplinary knowledge and skills in the field of trenchless technology
• Arrange or sponsor meetings, conferences and symposia on subjects consistent with the objectives of the Society
• Encourage the interchange of specialists in trenchless technology within Australia and New Zealand
• Liaise and establish affiliations with related organisations, both within Australia, New Zealand and overseas
• Inform and advise the public and Government on matters concerned with trenchless technology
• Encourage education, training and research
Contacts of the ASTT.
Each State is represented by a Councillor who is the key contact for enquiries relating to the activities that the ASTT is involved in. This Council is the governing body of the Society and manages the affairs of ASTT. Council consists of not more than one (1) representative from each State and or Country plus the President, Vice President and Past President. Council also appoints a Federal Secretary and a Federal Treasurer as well as a representative to the Board of the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT).
The current ASTT Council structure is as follows:
FEDERAL SECRETARY / TREASURER AND ASTT REPRESENTATIVE TO ISTT BOARD
Mr. TREVOR GOSATTI
PO Box 2242,
MALAGA LPO, WA, 6944
Mob: 0419 918 449
WEST AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Mr. Jiang Aizezi (Aziz)
Mob: 0403 561 030
NSW COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Mr. SUDIPTA BASU
Aesby Pty Ltd
Mob 0407 704 329
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
General Manager – Rehabilitation
SEKISUI Rib Loc Australia Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0415 305 241
NEW ZEALAND COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE AND VICE PRESIDENT
Watercare Services Limited
Mobile: 027 251 1843
TASMANIAN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
NORTHERN TERRITORY COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Become a member today!
Individual and corporate memberships are available. Members receive a number of benefits to continuing learning and developing their skills and knowledge of trenchless technology.
- Trenchless Australasia Magazine – 6 issues per year.
- Trenchless Directory – 1 issues per year.
- ASTT Annual Trenchless Directory acknowledgement.
- Discount rates at National Conferences and Exhibition.
- Discount rates at Trenchless Forums.
- Discount rates at ISTT International NO-DIG’s.
- Discounted rates for advertising in the ASTT’s Trenchless Australasia Magazine.